Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finding the perfect fit

I was just browsing the Good for Her blog when I chanced upon this handy, informative, “Learning in the Bedroom,” video by Renee Pilgrim, a sex educator.

I met Pilgrim at a Ryerson Women’s Centre workshop when she announced quite candidly that she was going to give us a gander at her vulva.

As beneficial as up-close and personal workshops are I don’t think any of us ladies were quite ready for that experience.

So I let out an inner sigh of relief when she explained she wasn’t serious.

She was quite a fabulous workshop leader and it was a pleasant surprise to find her here, giving an instructional how-to segment about choosing your first vibrator and all the nuances of making that decision.

Texture, or curves? Rotating beads, or powerful vibrations? Slim or thick? We have so many choices. I love her hair cut reference, and like a new do; you might grow out of one type of toy when it no longer suits your changing sexual appetite.

It’s never a bad idea to make a list, research, and browse the options out there. Sex is about exploration of your needs and desires. I might just have to do some shopping.

No comments: