Friday, September 26, 2008

A peek in the window

I walk past houses at night
Peer inside
To see their life
Is it like mine?
Do their feet squeak on the pavement?
Do they sing when no one can hear?
Where is the sign
That will tell me where my toes
Should land
On solid ground?
I might just plunge in,
Being this godly can’t be good for me
I don’t know the steps
But I don’t have to
Today I’ll plod on blind
Walk on air
The blindfold is tied and secure for once
I can’t stare
At your choices
What I see in here is larger than it appears
The blind spots hinder me
So I’ll make it more clear
Wipe off the glass
Take a good look
Where I can’t hide
Behind excuses
I’ll feel my foot hit the ground
And then the other
The rhythm of my pace
Has a kind of grace
That I didn’t plan
Today
I do what I can
To keep my eyes
On my face

No comments: